2009年9月3日木曜日

Tonight, Gurigurimomonga howls in English!!

Up to now, I had been writing Blog articles in Japanese.

However, now let me write in English as my second language. Honestly speaking, with the result of living in Bangkok, I have been taking hours to think my business in English because I am always discussing with my local staff and writing documents & mails in that language. Our staff can speak English well if their positions are higher than Assistant Managers. This situation is convenient for me to communicate each other easily.

When I had been living in Japan, even though speaking in English over the average for my job characteristics as a trader, I guess I could not speak well in comparison with my present speaking and writing ability. Perhaps, in case of living in motherland Japan, I must had been always keeping my thinking pattern in Japanese.

However, here in Thailand, any local coordinating jobs are requiring my thinking process based on English world. Of course, I am a foreigner living in Thailand and moreover, in Cosmopolitan city, Bangkok. Naturally, foreigners are required to accustomed to Global communication language - English. This is the real situation.

But, as far as I have been seeing many Japanese business men in Bangkok, I believe that they are not good at speaking in English because their business may be mainly circulating in Japanese community and society.

As it is true that many Japanese companies invested huge money for so long, I guess they have been preferring having their business relations only in the circle of Japanese oriented ones. I can also understand that their choices come from the judgment of easy going ways to ensure the stable management, similar quality in Japan, etc.

Therefore, there are many Japs who tend to settle in Ghetto of Sukhumvit "Nihonjin-mura". If living there, there is no need to use English and everything in Japanese can go well.

Here, is it really a foreign country, Thailand?

Yes, Poor president is always thinking about this strange foreign lifestyle in Bangkok.

That's end.

0 件のコメント: