2009年9月3日木曜日

Anywhere, don't lose your consumer sense!

This morning, I had a business matter and directly went out for Soi Lang Suan street near Chit Lom of BTS station. Still having a time about over a half hour to meet my regular customer, while walking the street, I was looking for any place for time consuming. Oh, I hit on the idea of a nice cafeteria "Starbucks" where is located near the customer's office building.

Then, I went into the shop and ordered this week regular coffee. Usually, I do not visit this type commercial spot and prefer staying at my home to spend all day long because my wife can serve a cup of coffee to enjoy my pastime. However, today is a job matter on waiting status. Sometimes, I am forced to wait outside for a while to coordinate appointments and my drinking coffee is a nice taking rest for me.


The medium one cup was 75 bahts. I can calculate to Japanese Yen roughly and it will become more than 200 yen. For many Japanese, this is not high but the daily wage in Bangkok is only 210 bahts. Their daily living can amount to around three cups of coffee.

Therefore, I can seriously feel the obvious difference between the rich and poor. I am always thinking about whether Japanese living in Bangkok really belong to the rich class. Otherwise, we may stick to our custom for waste of money. Actually, if we can earn the same local salary as one gotten in Japan, it is true that we can fully enjoy the price level difference between Japan and Thailand.

For example, we only need 25 bahts (75 yen) for one canned BEER in comparison with 220 yen (73 bahts). Briefly speaking, this situation may make us misunderstand our foreign living essence, as if showing money power.

For me, I do not change my life style in the same manner as my living in Yokohama, Japan and this is my style even though staying anywhere in the world. Thus, I am always trying to take care of how to spend money responding to the relatively suitable price level.

That's end.

0 件のコメント: